- A Ceremony of Carols:
- "In Freezing Winter Night" Review.
- "There is no Rose" – going for the difficulties again.
- "Procession," opening chant.
- "This Little Babe"
- An Advent Carol: run the whole piece as review.
- Winter Solstice: Movement II. These nights pass slowly…Beginning through measure 17. We will continue on as we can.
- Berakhot, Letter D, measure 46 to the end. WHOLE PIECE review.
- In the Glow of the Moon, whole piece review.
Here modern English translations:
Today Christ is born;
Today the Saviour has appeared;
Today the angels sing,
The archangels rejoice;
Today the righteous rejoice, saying,
Glory to God in the highest, Alleluia!
"This little babe"
This little Babe so few days old
Has come to rifle Satan’s fold.
All hell qaukes at his presence,
Though he himself shivers.
For in this weak, unarmed guise
He will surprise the very gates of Hell!
With tears he fights and wins the field,
His naked breast stands for a shield;
His shots are his cries,
His arrows, the looks of his weeping eyes.
His martial ensigns are cold and need,
And his feeble flesh, his warrior’s steed.
His camp is pitched in a stall,
His bulwark is a broken wall;
The crib his trench, haystalks are his stakes,
Of shepherds, he enlists the troops.
And sure of wounding the foe,
The angels sound the trumpets alarm.
My soul joins Christ in the fight,
Stay by the tents that he has pitched;
Within his crib is sure protection
The liitle babe will be your guard;
If Christ can foil your foes with joy,
Stay near the heavenly boy.